Blog Archive

Blogger templates

About Me

My photo
I love people like you, that’s why I simply adore capturing moments that mean SO much to you! facebook link:: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photography-by-Lori/164856087010469

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July.


“God often uses small matches to light great torches”

I’m contemplating on what celebrating the Fourth of July means. Yeah, I know it’s a day to celebrate the freedom we have in this country, but here is the sad thing. The United States is not necessarily free, most of the people are living in bondage, and they have no clue they are. Now that’s where my thoughts want to take me, down the mopey road about how bad the States have gotten. But we still have the freedom to gather to worship God; we still have the freedom to read our Bible’s, to live our Christian lives. Something that has been nagging me is when we think of going off into the mission field, we think of some faraway place where people are starving and know nothing about Christ and I bless the people who minister to them. But what about our own country? Are we neglecting our own people? If we neglect our people then in the future how will our children have the ability to help other countries and other people? Just some thoughts that have been tumbling around in my head for a while; but I’m still exceedingly blessed to have been born into this country. Bless the Lord and have a gorgeous Fourth of July.

5 comments:

  1. cool collage! did you take them? the firework pic is esp gorgeous!! andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks!yes i did, it was actully at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry:). also you can see more fireworks pictures on facebook(that i have not had time yet to put on the blog) and I set so that you dont have to signed up to view it:) here's the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photography-by-Lori/164856087010469

    ReplyDelete
  3. very awesome pics! great job! i had a lot of fun taking pics of fireworks this week too!! :) i LOVE photography!:) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little late with my reply but I just had to ask. is photography something that you want to do professionally? something you want to pursue?

      Delete
  4. Lori, that's so cool. Cuz God's been working in my heart in the same way. Giving me a heart for people right here and a vision for missions in this country. Love it. <3

    ReplyDelete